Church Served by Miss Mary Clark Celebrates 50 Years with Village Missions

Posted in: Prayer Spotlight
Tags:
Date: October 14, 2009
Mary-ClarkBrian and Carole Wechsler joined with Village Missionaries and the New Gloucester church family to celebrate the church’s 50th Anniversary of being served by Village Missions. The church was first incorporated in 1837. After the church burned in 1929, the building was rebuilt but soon after closed due to lack of support. During this period Miss Mary E. Clark, was invited to come to the church to hold special services for a week. The week lengthened into two as men and women came to the Savior. Miss Clark continued holding afternoon services in what was then known as White’s Corner Church. Miss Clark later joined Stonecroft and it was through her contact that the church learned of Village Missions. In 1959, Village Missions sent Homer and Lois Studenroth. This church was the first church served by Village Missions east of the Mississippi. The Wechslers met a couple who had been married by Miss Clark 63 years ago. The church currently sponsors a Bible Institute attended by 31 students. See pictures from the celebration here
Please Sign-In
We're expecting you!