Village Missions exists to glorify Jesus Christ by developing spiritually vital country churches in rural North America. We fulfill this aim by placing pastors in country churches that might otherwise have to close, and in doing so, preserve the Gospel presence in over 220 communities across the United States and Canada.
Village Missions seeks a motivated Christian individual who desires to serve in a non- profit ministry. This is a 40 hour a week position, eligible for benefits. Wage: $19.50-$22.50 DOE. Tentative start date is July 1, 2018.
To efficiently and effectively perform accounting duties, as hereinafter set forth, in the Mission Accounting Department; and in other projects as assigned; as a member of a team of servants at the Village Missions International Service Center, to the end that the Mission will be fully enabled to fulfill its God ordained purpose.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
ACCOUNTANT: Under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer, perform the normal and usual accounting duties, including but not limited to:
- Nonprofit accounting experience
- Computerized accounting systems, preferably Quickbooks
- Payroll systems, preferably Paychex
- 2 years accounting experience
- At least associates degree in accounting
- General bookkeeping/accounting skills
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Make journal entries and allocating entries
- Use Excel and Access proficiently
- Understand relational databases
- Prepare computerized payroll
- Work and play well with others
- Communication clearly and effectively
- Ability to meet deadlines
- High level of accuracy
- Deal with complex issues
- Strong organization, technical and problem-solving skills
Please read the full Accountant Job Description.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your completed resume to: email@example.com
Fax: (503) 623-3357
Mail: Attention: Jim, Village Missions, P. O. Box 197, Dallas OR 97338